"WikiCharities is creating a global community for the nonprofit sector."
WikiCharities is creating a global community for the nonprofit sector. Our platform focuses on
- Helping nonprofits become aware of other organizations working in their community,
- Facilitating collaboration between nonprofits working in the same space,
- Providing a way for nonprofits to show their transparency around the world by giving all nonprofits their own webpage,
- Improving trust in the nonprofit sector by offering a global validation that promotes transparency,
- Making it easier and more affordable for nonprofits to maintain an online presence,
- Offering a way for validated nonprofits to obtain funding.
Research shows that when nonprofits work together, outcomes are improved (See research article).
Three Main Areas of Focus on WikiCharities
- Global Database of Nonprofits: We are developing a global database of nonprofits, where all nonprofits are searchable by name, location, and topic (focus area). Whether you're a potential volunteer or a donor, we have an online platform that's accessible to everyone.
- Nonprofit Webpages: All nonprofits in our database have access to their own webpage, where it’s easier to maintain an online presence. We provide a way to update contact information and show transparency of leadership, financials, partnerships, activities, and more.
- Validation of Transparency: Once a nonprofit is fully transparent with information on their webpage, they become WikiCharities validated. A validated nonprofit has access to additional features including the referral program, posting projects, and more.
There are currently over 1.7 million U.S. based nonprofits listed in our database. As we expand our database around the world, we will partner with foundations, companies, and nonprofit organizations within a designated country. Please let us know if you'd like WikiCharities to come to your community.